CBD and Tattoos… For your consideration.
Before we get to all the good CBD can do for your tattoos, let’s kick it off by educating ourselves on what CBD truly is.
WHAT IS CBD REALLY?
CBD is often times confused for its psychoactive counterpart THC, which is found in the cannabis plant. CBD is actually short for cannabidiol which is one of many cannabinoids. Tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC, is the psychoactive ingredient associated with marijuana while CBD is it’s non-psychoactive cousin packed with several known health benefits. There is no THC in CBD oil, unless specifically noted. PS: Our foam soap contains 100mg of high grade, ethically sourced CBD oil.
HOW DO I KNOW IT’S GOOD FOR ME?
Cannabis is currently receiving an increase in legalization support and this has brought a resurgence of research efforts. Clinical trials are on the rise and doctors testing treatment efficacy across a wide array of medical conditions. Although this research is in its early stages findings so far have shown there are several possible benefits.
TOP 5 CBD Tattoo Benefits
- Healing – Healing is one of the most important steps of the tattoo process. All new tattoos should be treated as open wounds – after all you just spent the last few hours getting a needle repeatedly inserted into your skin. Yikes! CBD has been touted for its countless healing properties which makes it a great addition to your aftercare routine.
- Anti-Inflammatory – Like we mentioned previously, a new tattoo is a fresh wound and therefore inflammation is common. CBD is one way you can counteract redness, itchiness and swelling all at once!
- Non-Comedogenic – This fancy word simply means you don’t have to worry about clogged pores. Clogged pores can complicate healing and even lead to infections. Different oils and creams like coconut oil and petroleum jelly will clog your pores, while CBD oil keeps pores open and actively healing.
- Pain Relief – One of the most recognized benefits of CBD oil is pain relief. The oil will help relax the area not like a numbing agent but simply as an aid to pain. Think – super herbal healing ointment!
- Moisturizing – As anyone with skin knows, moisturizing is EXTREMELY important. Keeping your skin young and hydrated. You don’t want old wrinkly, discolored tattoos… Do you?
The only way to know how effective CBD can be is to give it a try. There are several recognized benefits and we know you didn’t just spend your hard earned money to let your ink sit and fade. Take care of your skin and try our new CBD foam soap. You won’t regret it 😉