You may be thinking about your next tattoo and whether it's a good idea or not. Trends will always come and go, but your ink is permanent. Avoid tattoo regrets at all costs!
Truth is it's impossible to know whether you'll have regrets, but we created the following list in the hopes that we can make your tattoo decisions a tad bit easier. Whether you're considering your first tattoo or adding to your collection if you know you're a regretful person you may want to think twice.
- White Ink Tattoos - Sure they seem cool, but are white ink tattoos really all the rage? We think not... White ink fades easily and not all artists are skilled in white ink. You'll need to find an artist experienced in white ink. Not such an easy task considering many artists avoid white ink at all costs.
- Hand Tattoos - This one might be a difficult to let go... Aside from the idea that this will kill your job prospects (we beg to differ), the true reason why hand tattoos need additional consideration is due to their nature to wear off. Our hands go through their fair share of wear and tear as is, imagine how many times you'll have to return to your artist for retracing & coloring.
- Names - Obviously right? We think this one goes without saying, but name tattoos are a bit precarious. Unless these are family members, you may want to reconsider and save yourself the laser removal costs.
- Trendy Tattoos - Trends are very common in the tattoo industry, whether it's tribal tattoos, face tattoos, or even a certain scripture style. If you know it's just a trend ask yourself if you're just jumping on the bandwagon or if this is something you have strong attachment to. We can't promise you won't regret, but at least you'll remember thinking it through.
- Miniature tattoos - These are awesome, but the truth they can become a blur... literally! The smaller these tattoos are the more they are prone to wear. Over time your cute tattoo could turn into mush, unless your willing to spend some cash refreshing your ink.
Ultimately, the final decision is YOURS and yours only. Hopefully this list helps you avoid some costly mistakes. If you love it forget what any one says - that goes for everything... Enjoy your new ink whatever it may be!
For tips on finding the right tattoo artist for you - click here!